Sunday, May 14, 2006, 11:06 PM

So exciting ;)

Hmm...okay..... I'm bored as usual...lol... no no.. actually not hahaha

I don't know where to start.. Today was so exciting for me.... My church (Edge Church International) had the latest live album recording! It just so amazing...I mean I actually can feel the atmosphere is different..It's just simply great..The songs are a big big improvement compared to previous albums...To my friends who didn't come to the recording: you missing a lot...too bad lol hehe

So first I came down to the church (at Reynella, 45-60min by bus from city), then there is one church member (non-staff) told me that I'm not allowed to take photos during the concert.. Because he said he saw another guy tried to take photos but one of staff not allowed him/her to do that. So I was quite surprised..erm..not really... It's a formal event... So I expected not everyone can take photos.. But lucky me involved in the multimedia (yay hehehe =p) I talked to the main person who's in charge for all the video & multimedia whether I can take photos or not, coz I really want to contribute to my church, especially on the field that I love (photography obviously)..Isn't it just great if you can serve on the field that you love? =) =)

Okay then I met some of Edge City Church member, and met one of my friend and they offer me a ride back home...yay so nice...*the bus is only once in hour during Sunday....great..* anyway, I was sooo excited about the concert that I felt like I was little kid so excited (even on the bus I was so excited but just act cool (calm))...But I don't care hahaha.. Oh.. I also didn't forget to pray before taking shots, and put my confidence in God, not in the camera.. (Thanks to Yohanes for the tips to pray before doing anything ;)) Then the concert began, the opening song was just amazing (I don't even know what's the title), stage was good, lighting is sexy (I heard they even shipped the lighting all the way from Melbourne for this event)

It's so tiring, I went upstairs & downstairs for like 3-5times, walk back & forth all the way, coz as a photographer you're not supposed to stay at the same spot..Get out of your comfort zone... hehehe (actually I was fixing my past mistake, what I did is I just stay at one spot all the time coz I was afraid of moving around) then I even went to the backstage, went up the stage (on the backside off course) take some close up shots....and it's juuuust greaattt.... Using the widelens 10-22mm (real focal length: 16-35.2mm) and telefocal lens 28-135mm (real focal length: 44.8-216mm) and it was so good because the lighting is good, I can actually used quite fast shutter (most the shots around 1/125-1/600 on ISO 3200) which is very good...hehehe

Then during the middle the senior pastor (Ps. Danny Guglimucci) *I hope I didn't spell his name wrongly..* went up and give some speech, and prophesy about this coming album will change live... And I can say it's true, I've been to the recording and it's just different with those normal random concerts....It is really different =)

The song continues, and I just keep going around and take photos as usual, then Ps. Gary went up and said the musician having a break and he asked anyone who has needs, and then asked all other people around those people who in need to pray with them, laying hands on them, and I used this great opportunity to take shots, and the result was great! But....after a while there was one church staff member came to me and said "it's okay to take photos, but please do not take photo when people worship & pray" which is... *GREAT!* isn't it what church supposed to be? To praise Jesus & pray together, and my job as a photographer is to show the people what's church life is all about! Why in the world he's trying to stop me...pretty weird...but then after the praying the church continues the concert and still going around take photos...I was so tired...And I actually sweating there... *it was freezingly cold outside* haha

After the concert finished, I went and asked Matt (one of church main multimedia member) whether I can submit these photos to church or not, and he said I can....Yaaaayyy...so cool hahaha

Then my friend drove me back home safely, and I returned the camera to Steph...erm..I think I haven't told you that I actually borrowed Stephanie Lee's camera, the whole set of camera (Canon EOS 20D, 3 lenses, Canon 580EX Flash) it was so nice of her...really appreciate that... =)

Back then before I went to church, I was so worried I thought I broke Steph's battery, because she said the charger supposedly turn to green if the battery is full, and the charger just displayed a solid red light...and worse, I didn't even know how to read the battery on the camera...don't blame me, the camera's battery reading is pretty weird...trust me...well not really though...but anyway I came to her place and she was laughing all the way because the charger supposed to display solid red (she mixed up with other charger) and I didn't know how to read the battery on camera so it was quite funny...hahahaha

Well I guess that's for today, I got assignment due tomorrow! Yayy... And I haven't finished yet, don't really know how to do actually..It's about Distance-Vector algorithm (for computer network people...help meee) hahaha..

The photos will be uploaded soon, probably on Tuesday, after finishing my assignment then I'll do the editing as soon as possible...

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie

Ronnie is a little boy...aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Sunday, 14 May, 2006  
Blogger Miin

It is really great that you are sooo enthusiastic abt the area you are serving in... i can even feel the enthusiaism overflowing (yet not forgetting the main reason why u r doing this) from just your whole description of the whole event! =) really really proud of ya! -cant wait to see ur pictures-

luff huey2

Sunday, 14 May, 2006  
Blogger Michelle

aw man....

i feel so blessed just reading your post... =)

Monday, 15 May, 2006  
Blogger Michelle

i feel so blessed just reading your post. =) cant wait to see the pictures....

Monday, 15 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home