Thursday, June 01, 2006, 11:44 AM

Not much to update

Hm.... not much to update I guess... Well on the 29th May 2006, I decided to cook for everyone, then Steph came earlier to give me a hand for my cooking. I supposed to make a chicken meatball, but the chicken doesn't look like a meatball at all....But it still taste good! Haha... Then Steph also help me cook the cabbage (see the picture arrow on top of it)

From upper left to right: chicken meatball, rice, chinese cabbage (Steph cooked)
From lower left to right: corned beef with egg, almost burnt sausage with almost burnt onions with tomato sauce

After the dinner, me & Steph actually wants to watch Paparazzi but then I showed her A Clay Aiken Christmas first, then both of us ended up don't really feel like watching action movies, so we just watch A Walk to Remember instead... hahaha

Anyway, it was a fun night as usual (not boring...yay haha)...Then a good news, one of my computer science lecturer David Knight helped me so much to do my assignments. I supposed to do Heap Sort and Quick Sort algorithm, but I don't fully understand how it works, I went to my other lecturer and my other lecturer doesn't really help. First question he asked me when I asked him about my algorithm is "How do you prove your algorithm works?". If I know I won't asked him question am I.... Then he continued "Heap Sort algorithm is very simple, why you even write this piece of crap?". Well... After that finally he explained a bit to me, but not in very detailed way.

And then I told Masa (my housemate) about the lecturer and Masa said "well, at least it's just piece of crap, not entirely crap" hahahahaha lol.. Then anyway I went see David Knight day after that and he really helped me, really explain from the basics and even for some scenarios (same numbers, etc). When I almost done with Quick Sort, I got stuck again and met David Knight again, and he showed me that I'm thinking too much of scenarios, while the real algorithm is just so simple...I'm a bad programmer.... haha

Then later on 31st May 2006 around 9.30pm, I'm done with this assignment, Heap Sort and Quick Sort works perfect! Kkkyyyaaaaaaa..... Although my Heap Sort doesn't really look neat & simple, but at least for this I can guarantee that it works 100%, tried with all other scenarios it works, and do my automark on uni and I got full mark...Yay.... Then I went to Steph's place and watched Paparazzi after that.... It was a very fun night =)

Just thinking of sharing a bit, when I'm doing my assignment, I actually don't understand, and even when I haven't think of asking David Knight, I feel a bit worried, coz I got another assignment due on Friday and my Chinese Oral Exam is on Friday (2nd June 2006) and I haven't started any other only focused on my assignment. But somehow I feel kind of peace coz I know God's with me (I can prove you with verses from Bible if you want), and He won't give up on me, He'll help me for sure, He did miracles on Moses during the Egypt time and He will continue to do so until today. Reason behind that is just simply He loved us. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16, NIV).

Sorry for the long post, but still feel like sharing stuff here. It's from Ps. Tim on my church (Edge Church) during the men service.

How to be a man God wants to be

  1. Bible should be our discernment, not the world
  2. Never give up (David's 2nd top men, he was standing up to fight, loyal (he was stand with David while everyone is running away)) 2 Samuel 3:8 (about David top men)
  3. To be loving (a man that can show love, God is love)
  4. Astonishment/surprising (do something out of the box. Be creative)

My church will have the men service again next week (10th June 2006), and I'll take some shots there, again thanks for Steph for lending me her camera =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home